Energy outages like these skilled lately by lots of of 1000’s of individuals within the Sacramento space can have a significant affect on those that are medically fragile.
They’re compelled to search for different vitality sources to maintain drugs refrigerated, batteries to mobility units charged and different life-saving medical machines working. That is significantly hectic for seniors and people with disabilities.
As storms proceed throughout the state, residents are making ready for the potential for extra energy outages within the coming days.
Native companies and utility firms are inundated with calls and responses could also be delayed.
Within the meantime, take into account different public areas that could be accessible to cost units similar to public libraries (Sacramento and Yolo County), a neighborhood espresso store or indoor buying heart.
Listed here are extra assets which will assist.
Private and medical electrical wants:
If you’re a Sacramento County resident in want of fast help, you might contact SMUD at 888-742-7683.
PG&E companions with the 211 California Community. If you want to cost your medical gear or want a protected place to remain, you may:
- Name PG&E at 800-743-5000 for emergency help
- Name 2-1-1 or 844-546-1464 or 916-498-1000 to attach with particular assets accessible in your county. Name 7-1-1 if you’re listening to impaired and ask to be related to 2-1-1.
- E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or go to org for extra data.
- Medically fragile PG&E prospects might also name 800-655-7732, TTY: 530 742-2379 for assist with lodging or discovering charging stations. Counties served embrace: Colusa, El Dorado, Nevada, Placer, Sierra, Sutter and Yuba.
Shelter and charging stations
For an up to date listing of evacuation facilities, warming shelters, and daytime respite facilities go to: https://www.211sacramento.org/211/severe-weather-spaces/.
PG&E assets for help throughout and after an influence outage, together with steady energy choices for these with disabilities may be discovered right here: https://www.pge.com/en_US/security/emergency-preparedness/natural-disaster/wildfires/independent-living-centers.web page
- SMUD gives is an “choose in” program the place prospects who depend upon electric-powered medical gear can obtain advance discover of energy outages and discounted charges. Take a look at the Medical Gear Low cost Charge and the Susceptible Inhabitants Program.
- PG&E’s Medical Baseline Program is an help program for residential prospects who depend upon energy for sure medical wants. In keeping with the utility, prospects will obtain additional notifications as a part of this outreach, which can embrace extra telephone calls or a door-bell ring to make sure they’re conscious and might put together to remain protected. It is vital that Medical Baseline prospects acknowledge receipt of a notification by answering the telephone and talking or replying to the textual content message. Prospects may obtain extra allotment of electrical energy at a decrease fee every month to help their qualifying medical units.
Create a plan:
If you’re medically fragile however not presently experiencing an emergency, take this time to plan. Have a listing of contacts accessible and attempt to establish different places you may go within the occasion your energy goes out for an prolonged interval. Create an emergency equipment, and plan for accessible transportation you might want within the occasion of an evacuation.
For those who’re experiencing a life-threatening emergency, please dial 911.