David Lubarsky has been acknowledged by Trendy Healthcare as one of many “100 Most Influential Individuals in Healthcare” for 2022.
Lubarsky, ranked No. 51, is the CEO of UC Davis Well being and vice chancellor of human well being sciences. The entire rating will be discovered within the Dec. 5 subject of Trendy Healthcare journal, and profiles of all of the honorees can be found on-line. (A digital subscription is required to view the web profiles.)
The popularity is without doubt one of the trade’s highest honors. It spotlights leaders who’re creating the best affect within the well being care panorama. Trendy Healthcare is an trade chief in enterprise information, points and developments in well being care. The honorees have been chosen by trade friends and Trendy Healthcare senior editors and the recognitions have been introduced Dec. 3.
Lubarsky began in his place in June 2018, overseeing an built-in educational well being system that serves greater than 6 million folks in 33 counties throughout 65,000 sq. miles in Northern California.
UC Davis Well being consists of greater than 17,000 staff, comprising over 1,000 college students, 1,000 trainees, 1,300 college members and a big regional major care community. It supplies 1.5 million outpatient visits yearly and has an annual finances of $4.25 billion. It consists of a number of prime 50-ranked entities – the UC Davis Faculty of Medication, the Betty Irene Moore Faculty of Nursing, UC Davis Medical Middle, UC Davis Youngsters’s Hospital, and a regional major care supply community.
Since his arrival, Lubarsky has recommitted the group to increasing take care of the underserved and caring for Medi-Cal sufferers, folks experiencing homelessness, and others with few sources, whereas making a sustainable monetary mannequin with a deal with patient-centered care and revolutionary digital well being.
Lubarsky mentioned, “On behalf of UC Davis Well being, I’m deeply honored and humbled to obtain this recognition from Trendy Healthcare. It’s true that such distinctions are at all times rather more consultant of crew efforts than they’re of anyone particular person’s work. Our groups all through UC Davis Well being are game-changers, and they’re innovating in methods that can improve the way forward for well being care in our area for sufferers and communities for many years to come back. I’m really proud to guide such a singular group.”
Mary Ellen Podmolik, editor of Trendy Healthcare, mentioned, “The previous 12 months had been one by which disrupters was main gamers and trade leaders raised their voices to impact change inside their organizations and the broader neighborhood. Our 2022 rating of the 100 Most Influential Individuals in Healthcare acknowledges these people who’re reworking a serious sector of the nation’s financial system and are targeted on bettering care and fee fashions.”
I’m deeply honored and humbled to obtain this recognition from Trendy Healthcare – it’s true that such distinctions are at all times rather more consultant of crew efforts than they’re of anyone particular person’s work.”
‘Full, not compete’
Lubarsky espouses an organizational philosophy that UC Davis Well being will at all times “full, not compete” with different Sacramento-area organizations. The aim is to enhance entry and affected person care all through the area, not simply at UC Davis Well being. Lubarsky additionally established a partnership with Sacramento County Well being Companies to develop a next-generation full-service Federally Certified Well being Middle (FQHC) to broaden major and specialty care companies for underserved communities.
Latest analysis publications of his embody a New England Journal of Medication article on how UC Davis Well being is positioning itself as a collaborative associate that expands affected person care all through Northern California.
In 2020, UC Davis Well being formally launched its Anchor Establishment Mission for neighborhood well being. The aim is to leverage its financial energy and human and mental sources to extend the financial vitality of surrounding communities, thereby bettering the well being, welfare and well-being of residents.
Different latest UC Davis Well being distinctions embody:
- In 2022, the analysis agency Monigle ranked UC Davis Well being because the #4 model nationally (in line with sufferers and customers) amongst 201 well being care organizations. Monigle additionally ranked the well being system #3 nationally as “most dedicated to bettering variety and inclusion” and #1 within the “Prime 5 new entrants in 2022” in well being care.
- This 12 months, U.S. Information & World Report as soon as once more ranked UC Davis Medical Middle as #1 in Sacramento – for the eleventh 12 months in a row – and #6 in California with “excessive performing” scores (the best doable) in 13 key specialties, and nationwide rankings in 9 grownup specialties and 5 pediatric specialties.
- The Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Analysis rating positioned UC Davis among the many nation’s main medical colleges for NIH funding. It ranked the varsity thirty third nationally, three spots above its 2020 rating. Total, UC Davis is without doubt one of the few universities nationwide to obtain greater than $1 billion in annual analysis funding.
- Forbes just lately named UC Davis Well being because the top-ranked employer within the “well being care and social” sector and the twelfth total finest employer in California.
- Earlier this 12 months, UC Davis Well being obtained a good rating of 100 from The Human Rights Marketing campaign as an LGBTQ+ Healthcare Fairness Chief.
Lubarsky has additionally been acknowledged by the Sacramento Enterprise Journal as a “Most Admired CEO” in 2021 and named certainly one of America’s “100 Educational Medical Middle CEOs to Know” by Becker’s Hospital Evaluate.
UC Davis Well being is bettering lives and remodeling well being care by offering wonderful affected person care, conducting groundbreaking analysis, fostering revolutionary, interprofessional training, and creating dynamic, productive partnerships with the neighborhood. For extra data, go to well being.ucdavis.edu.