Reference Quantity: ST0359
Particulars of ordinary
This apprenticeship is at present in growth and its contents are topic to alter
18 – 24 months
Scaffolding provides an thrilling, bodily demanding and financially rewarding profession path for many who want to enter into the business. Qualifying as a Scaffolder supplies alternatives to work in many various sectors together with Development, Infrastructure, Nuclear, Oil and Gasoline, Rail, and Occasions throughout the UK and internationally. The first function of a Scaffolder is to supply entry options or structural assist which permits different trades to hold out their roles safely while working at top. Upon completion of this apprenticeship, the operative could have achieved the established commerce competency for the scaffolding business which is able to allow them to erect, alter and dismantle a variety of scaffolding buildings as coated by this coaching and evaluation. Scaffolding is a security crucial commerce and every particular person working within the sector should concentrate on their accountability to themselves, these they’re working with, the tip person of the scaffold and in addition others who they could come into contact with while carrying different their function e.g. different trades, purchasers, members of the general public.
On completion the Scaffolder could have the next core information:
- The related British and European Requirements, NASC steerage e.g. TG20, SG4, SG6 and statutory laws relevant to the right and protected erection and dismantling of scaffolds and the place to search out further data e.g. NASC web site, Well being and Security Govt (HSE) web site
- The categories, makes use of and strategies of inspection, and the aim of assorted scaffold supplies e.g. tubes, boards and fittings in frequent use.
- The strategies of dealing with, stacking, and servicing scaffold supplies e.g. tubes, boards and fittings
- The categories, makes use of and function of prefabricated beams, and the foundations for his or her meeting and connection to scaffold buildings.
- The aim, sorts, makes use of and loadings of safety followers. The strategies of supporting followers by scaffold tubes and wire ropes
- The strategies of founding scaffolds on differing sorts of floor (e.g. smooth floor, concrete and metal)
- The right and protected technique of attaching and spacing transoms to assist working platforms and strengthen the scaffold construction.
- The right strategies of attaching spurs, rakers, verify fittings, droppers and puncheons to scaffolds
- The protected and proper methodology of erecting and dismantling Aluminium towers
- The right and protected strategies of erecting unbiased and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcages at three lifts excessive in tube and fittings
- The right way to calculate the variety of ties, the spacing and check necessities to restrain sheeted and unsheeted scaffolds relying on the capability of the tie preparations
- The laws governing the inspection of Primary scaffolds
- The statutory necessities for entry together with ladders and ladder towers and stairways
- The right way to interpret design format drawings and decide the right and protected strategies of erecting and dismantling the scaffolds
- The right way to organise supplies to guide a gang of Scaffolders finishing up Scaffolding operations in addition to the sensible abilities wanted to erect, dismantle and alter scaffolding to the right configurations and tolerances, a scaffolder will likely be required to have information of the related British and European requirements, Nationwide Entry and Scaffolding Confederation (NASC) steerage and statutory laws.
On completion the Scaffolder will have the ability to:
- Make satisfactory provision for the security of themselves, the workforce, the general public affected by scaffolding work, and future customers of the scaffold construction by working to the related British and European Requirements, Nationwide Entry and Scaffolding Confederation (NASC) steerage e.g. Technical Steering (TG)20 (Good Follow steerage for Tube and becoming Scaffolding Security Steering, SG4, (Stopping Falls in Scaffolding Operations) SG6 (Guide Dealing with within the Scaffolding Business) and statutory laws
- Visually examine and choose serviceable supplies equivalent to; tubes, boards and fittings
- Carry, elevate, decrease and use scaffold supplies accurately and safely on a working platform
- Visually examine, choose, assemble and set up prefabricated beams into scaffold buildings
- Assist scaffold safety followers in keeping with necessities of present business follow
- Erect scaffolds on pavements and public locations safely and accurately, with regard to Native Authority laws
- Set up spurs and rakers throughout the appropriate working angles. Connect verify fittings, droppers and puncheons within the appropriate positions to scaffolds
- Set up anchor ties and different specialist fixings to the producer’s suggestions. Testing and reporting in accordance with TG4 Anchorage Programs for Scaffolding
- Choose, area, set up and check the right variety of ties to restrain sheeted and unsheeted scaffolds to present business practices
- Decide the fabric necessities for unbiased and putlog scaffolds with returns, towers and birdcages as much as three lifts excessive. Lay out supplies, set out scaffolds and overcome obstacles to erect scaffolds safely.
- Decide the supplies required to set out, erect and dismantle in a protected sequence.
- Examine gin wheels for serviceability, place and repair securely, reeve, rope, tie knots and accurately use gin wheel to haul up scaffold tubes, boards and fittings. Take down gin wheel and coil rope.
- Examine primary scaffolds previous to handover.
- Efficient communication oral, written, listening, physique language, presentation.
- Crew work: work successfully with others with restricted supervision.
- Impartial working: take accountability for completion of your individual work.
- Logical considering: use clear and legitimate reasoning when making selections to undertake work directions
- Time administration: use personal time successfully to finish the work directions to schedule.
- Respect: apply equality, variety and inclusion in coping with others
- Compliance/instruction: abide by employer process/firm values, website inductions, Threat Evaluation and Technique Statements, software field talks
Development and Skilled Recognition
This normal has been designed to permit the person to fulfill the necessities of the Development Business Scaffolders Document Scheme (CISRS). Upon profitable completion of the apprenticeship the Scaffolder will likely be eligible to use for a CISRS Scaffolder card. Development from the Stage 2 Apprenticeship might result in endeavor Superior Scaffolder coaching. This apprenticeship additionally supplies a basis for the Scaffolder to additional develop their profession by shifting into Supervision, Administration, Scaffold Inspection, Scaffold Design, Estimating, Surveying, Well being and Security or Coaching
English and Maths
People with out Stage 1 in English and Maths might want to obtain this stage and full the check Stage 2 English and Maths previous to taking the end-point evaluation.
This normal will likely be reviewed after three years.
Crown copyright © 2022. You might re-use this data (not together with logos) freed from cost in any format or medium, underneath the phrases of the Open Authorities Licence. Go to www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence