Reference Quantity: ST0352
Particulars of ordinary
Occupation – Overview of the function.
A motorcar Accident Restore Technician repairs all parts of a car after it has sustained some sort of collision harm. These vary from small harm by means of to closely impacted kinds of harm requiring complicated and detailed restore or substitute of main structural parts of the car. Sometimes, the Accident Restore Technician works in a contemporary extremely technical workshop-type setting, engaged on a broad vary of autos from automobiles and automotive derived vans to gentle business autos.
Uniquely, they work on and acquire a degree of competence in all craft facets of auto accident restore, together with Mechanical, Electrical & Trim (MET); Panel Restore & Substitute; Preparation and Paint – not only one as has been the case up to now. Moreover the Accident Restore Technician is ready to interpret and work precisely to detailed and complicated technical restore specs / directions and, at occasions, acquire these directions from a variety of digital sources. An Accident Restore Technician has the flexibility to work in a centered, analytical and methodical trend, finishing repairs on time, each time with a right-first-time, buyer centered tradition under-pinning all their actions.
The Accident Restore Technician from day one embraces the necessity to put full buyer satisfaction, in addition to business consciousness, on the centre of every little thing they do. The flexibility to excel while working inside a staff is a key output for any Accident Restore Technician.
Sometimes this apprenticeship will take 2 years to finish.
Particular person employers will set their very own choice standards for candidates. As a way to optimise success, typical candidates will show an excellent perspective, a optimistic method to studying & improvement and a excessive degree of ambition. Apprentices with out Degree 2 English and maths might want to obtain this degree previous to taking the end-point evaluation.
Mechanical, Electrical and Trim (MET)
• How all kinds of engines and propulsion methods perform.
• How electrically propelled and hybrid autos perform.
• How sub methods of lubrication, cooling, gas, ignition, consumption and exhaust methods function.
• How transmission, driveline & remaining drive methods function.
• Automobile suspension, steering, brakes, wheels and tyre methods.
• Automobile electrical rules.
• Take away all broken & related parts from a car.
• Re-assemble substitute or current parts to a car.
• Take away and re-assemble everlasting & non-permanent fastened car physique panels
• Take away and refit all kinds of car physique panels.
• Take away and refit trim parts.
• Determine and describe precept car electrical parts and methods.
Panel Restore & Substitute
• Automobile thermal welding operations &
• Automobile bonding and adhesives procedures.
• Automobile physique mechanical fastening operations.
• Restore all kinds of car physique panels.
• Restore or refurbish Trim parts.
• Restore autos utilizing thermal welding operations and processes.
• Restore autos utilizing non thermal becoming a member of, bonding and adhesive processes.
• Take away, restore and exchange structural physique panels.
• Determine and rectify car physique structural misalignment.
Preparation & Paint
• The varied kinds of filler &
• The completely different supplies utilized in car building.
• The preparation methods required for various supplies & surfaces.
• Paint, basecoat & topcoats.
• The refinishing course of.
• Which methods & merchandise to make use of with every sort of restore course of.
• Apply physique filler & basis supplies.
• Put together all kinds of car physique materials.
• Put together & refinish steel, plastic and pre-painted surfaces.
• Restore minor defects in all kinds of physique panels and supplies.
• Apply paint, primer and basecoat
• Apply topcoats and clear coats and full remaining refinishing operations.
• Determine and rectify paint or preparation defects.
• Well being and security within the office because it pertains to the accident restore setting.
• The construction of their organisation, and the place they work inside that.
• Instruments & tools and car building strategies used within the accident restore office.
• Perform their work safely within the office and cling to related well being and security necessities.
• Develop sturdy working relationships.
A reliable Accident Restore Technician demonstrates the next behaviours:
- The adoption always of an excellent well being and security first mentality as customary follow.
- A buyer first method when coping with homeowners of autos and different purchasers.
- Recognises that prime high quality is intrinsic in each exercise all through the accident restore course of.
- A robust and optimistic work ethic.
- The flexibility to work in a staff and be an excellent staff member.
- A optimistic perspective. Good aptitude. Wonderful ambition.
- Efficient communication all through the restore course of, each with purchasers and with different members of the staff.
Level and evaluate
- This apprenticeship is at Degree 3 and might be reviewed after 3 years.
|06/03/2018||Funding band modified from 9000 (band 9) to 12000 (band 10) for brand new begins from 1 April|
|07/06/2017||Evaluation plan printed||Present model|
|06/11/2015||Normal printed||Present model|
Crown copyright © 2022. You could re-use this info (not together with logos) freed from cost in any format or medium, below the phrases of the Open Authorities Licence. Go to www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence