Reference Quantity: ST0162
Particulars of ordinary
The Pipefitter is an important Engineering Building position, working inside strictly outlined processes and procedures to exacting requirements. This usually entails engaged on main infrastructure tasks for instance energy stations and oil and fuel amenities each within the UK and abroad Engineering Building Trade. The Pipefitter can work in hazardous environments which might embody working at top, over water and in confined areas. The Pipefitter position encompasses the positioning, meeting, fabrication, upkeep, restore and decommissioning of piping methods inside Engineering Building, each on building websites or at business fabrication amenities. This could embody working in environments with methods that will carry water, steam, meals, pharmaceutical, chemical substances, fuel, hydrocarbons or gas which can be utilized in cooling, heating, lubricating and different processes. The Pipefitter works with numerous pipe supplies comparable to ferrous and non-ferrous metals, plastics and composites. These supplies can range from 15 mm to 1200 in diameter and from 5 mm as much as 75 mm in thickness dependent upon the content material of the pipes and the working pressures of the methods. The position requires the data and abilities to implement the required methodology of jointing required inside usually complicated piping methods. The Pipefitter should have the ability to work autonomously and as a part of a group making certain compliance with well being, security and environmental, processes and procedures. The Pipefitter should additionally work with different Engineering Building occupations comparable to welders.
Position Data Necessities. The Pipefitter ought to have data of
- Related well being, security and environmental laws, laws and company-specific necessities for secure working practises and procedures,
- Significance and advantages of recognised Trade security passport schemes,
- The right way to work safely, private website security duties and the way to answer and supply options to issues and emergencies
- Engineering practices and rules together with studying engineering drawings and marking out strategies,
- Mathematical strategies and components associated to the fabrication, improvement and set up of pipework methods,
- The right way to accurately choose and safely use hand instruments, mechanical instruments and gear in differing environments for the fabrication, restore, set up and decommissioning of pipework methods,
- Widespread and specialist pipe supplies comparable to ferrous, non-ferrous and non-metallic together with fittings related to the pipework parts and methods,
- Pipework preparation, fabrication, set up, upkeep, testing and decommissioning strategies generally used all through the Engineering Building business,
- Applicable codes, practices and business requirements and their utility to make sure high quality necessities are met.
Position Talent Necessities: The Pipefitter ought to have the ability to:
- Adjust to applicable well being and security, danger and high quality necessities,
- Accurately choose and safely use instruments and gear for the fabrication, meeting, set up and decommissioning of pipework parts and methods,
- Plan, organise and undertake the fabrication, meeting, set up, upkeep and decommissioning of pipework parts and methods,
- Learn, interpret and apply engineering drawing data,
- Form pipework parts utilizing hand and energy instruments to chop, drill, form and end parts to the required tolerance, specification and customary,
- Assemble and set up pipework utilizing the suitable strategies, strategies and gear in accordance with the specification together with welded, threaded, bolted and clamped jointing options,
- Make sure the integrity of joints in accordance with specs, in keeping with specified high quality procedures and to specific tolerances,
- Undertake the testing and inspection of the fabricated and/or put in pipework utilizing the suitable strategies,
- Work with others and contribute to efficient working relationships inside an Engineering Building atmosphere,
- Apply strategies for the short-term or everlasting elimination of an engineering building piping associated system or part,
- Talk by retaining others knowledgeable about work plans or actions which can have an effect on them and search help from others with out inflicting undue disruption to regular work actions.
Position Behavioural Necessities. The Pipefitter ought to show the next behaviours:
- Work with others to successfully and effectively full the allotted duties,
- Clear up issues inside their space of accountability by making use of technical abilities and data to outline, establish, consider and choose various options if required,
- Take accountability as a person and group member for the standard of the work,
- Help their very own studying and improvement and that of others by means of actions comparable to mentoring and sharing of experience and data,
- Act ethically, displaying maturity, honesty, integrity and accountability,
- Work safely in accordance with well being, security and environmental laws, laws and company-specific necessities,
- Preserve a secure, clear and tidy work space,
- Verify for and establish potential hazards within the office and take collective accountability to take care of a secure working atmosphere,
- Query unsafe behaviours and incorrect work practises and procedures.
Steered Entry Necessities
Particular person employers will set their very own standards; these might embody a minimal of three GCSEs (or equal) at grade C or above, together with English, Maths and a Science or Expertise primarily based topic. Apprentices with out stage 2 English and maths might want to obtain this stage previous to taking the end-point evaluation.
The everyday period of the apprenticeship is 36 – 42 months.
Candidates can be required to realize a Stage 3 Diploma in Putting in Engineering Building Plant and Methods (RQF) – Pipefitting from a recognised Awarding Physique throughout the course of their Apprenticeship.
Hyperlink to Skilled Registration
This customary will meet the skilled requirements of the Engineering Council for registration as Engineering Technician (Eng Tech) by an applicable Skilled Engineering Establishment.
It is a stage 3 apprenticeship
Evaluation of Customary
This customary can be reviewed after three years
Crown copyright © 2022. You might re-use this data (not together with logos) freed from cost in any format or medium, below the phrases of the Open Authorities Licence. Go to www.nationalarchives.gov.uk/doc/open-government-licence