The Maritime Operations Officer will know and perceive:
- MCA’s Organisation, mandate and place within the context of presidency.
- The emergency planning course of, together with Main Incident Plans, the Nationwide Contingency Plan for Marine Air pollution and related enterprise continuity plans.
- Nautical data in relation to collision rules, buoyage, pilotage, navigation, stability and communications so as to assess the context and sure impression on operations.
Counter air pollution, salvage, wreck and coastal safety
- MCA’s tasks with regard to Counter Air pollution, Salvage, Wreck and Coastal Safety.
Vessel site visitors monitoring
- MCA’s obligations (and a MOO’s tasks) for monitoring vessel site visitors.
The Maritime Operations Officer will be capable of:
Chart and map work
- Apply navigational and plotting expertise in using maps and charts.
Response, Co- ordination, Mission Conduct and Incident Command
- Categorise, reply to and co-ordinate Coastguard operations.
- Collect and analyse info to tell operational plans, execute missions and temporary senior officers.
- Ship rescue sources (reminiscent of lifeboats, air property and Coastguard Rescue Groups) to incidents and handle their on-scene exercise.
- Work with different declared sources and companion organisations (each throughout and out of doors of incidents) to offer recommendation and updates.
- Make (and report) efficient choices throughout incident working, utilizing Customary Working Procedures.
- Predict the possible motion of varied forms of objects drifting at sea by using established strategies and strategies for the calculation of search areas.
- Plan searches on the shore and land for any goal utilizing established procedures.
- Successfully allocate appropriate sources and prioritise search effort.
- Plan and coordinate an efficient maritime search, utilizing accessible instruments, sources and evaluation of the circumstances for search exercise.
- Entry and interpret climate, tide and different present environmental elements so as to assess the possible impression on operations.
- Make sure the efficient and environment friendly use of operational communications together with the complete vary of Data and Communications Know-how (ICT), radio and different associated gear and techniques discovered inside a Coastguard Operations Centre and upkeep of this gear.
Values / Behaviour
The Maritime Operations Officer should at all times:
- Lead by instance in selling secure working practices that shield our folks, our property and all these at work or leisure within the maritime atmosphere.
- Embed security consciousness in their very own tradition and thru partnership working, schooling and regulation.
Main and Speaking
- Put ahead their very own views in a transparent and constructive method, selecting essentially the most acceptable communication technique
- Act in a good and respectful manner in coping with others
- Be capable of be taught from errors
Delivering at Tempo
- Work in an organised method utilizing personal data and experience to ship on time and to plain, working with power and tempo to get the job executed.
- Take accountability for high quality of personal work, stay centered on supply and preserve constant efficiency.
Making Efficient Selections
- Examine and reply to gaps, errors and irregularities in info.
- Converse as much as make clear choices and question these constructively.
- Behave in an sincere, thought-about and consultative method and might be relied on to honour and ship MCA’s commitments.
- Deal with everybody pretty and with dignity, encouraging and valuing everybody’s contribution. Not tolerate bullying and harassment.
Minimal of 12 months
Apprentices with out stage 2 English and maths might want to obtain this stage previous to taking the end-point evaluation.
The Customary will likely be reviewed in 3 years from approval, until there may be proof of great change which warrants earlier modification.