On January 20, 2021, President Biden signed Govt Order (EO) 13985, Advancing Racial Fairness and Assist for Underserved Communities Via the Federal Authorities. The EO requires all Federal companies “to pursue a complete strategy to advancing fairness for all together with individuals of shade and different individuals who have been traditionally underserved, marginalized, and adversely affected by persistent poverty and inequality.”
Our packages contact the lives of practically each American together with individuals who face boundaries – offering earnings safety for the various populations we serve. This consists of:
- Folks with disabilities.
- People who find themselves widowed.
- Their households.
We’re dedicated to persevering with to manage our packages in a manner that promotes fairness and treating all people who work together with us with equity. We acknowledge that entry to our administrative system can pose boundaries to individuals who want our packages essentially the most. To cut back these boundaries and guarantee everybody has entry to our companies, our Fairness Motion Plan consists of:
- Rising assortment of race and ethnicity information to assist perceive whether or not our packages are equitably serving our candidates and beneficiaries.
- Revising our insurance policies and practices to develop choices for service supply.
- Guaranteeing equitable entry for unrepresented claimants within the incapacity software course of.
- Reducing burdens for individuals who determine as gender numerous or transgender within the Social Safety Quantity card software course of.
- Rising entry to our analysis grant packages for Traditionally Black Faculties and Universities and Minority Serving Establishments, and to procurement alternatives for small and deprived companies.
Please go to Social Safety Open Authorities Plans and Progress to be taught extra about every of the actions outlined in our Fairness Motion Plan. We look ahead to advancing fairness, civil rights, racial justice, and equal alternative for all. Please share this data together with your family and friends – and put up it on social media.